Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Reputation Album by Taylor Swift

After a three year break as opposed to a two year break Taylor Swift is coming back! She announced on August 23, 2017 she will have a new album, "Reputation" released on November 10, 2017 The first single will be released on August 25, 2017. This will be the 6th studio album from Taylor.

photo posted by Taylor Swift
What do we know about the album? The release date November 10, 2017. It may have something to do with snakes, she has posted a snake video on all her social medias. The cover art features an edgy Taylor in a ratty sweatshirt with bullet holes and stitches and greasy hair. It also features a news paper with the word Taylor Swift written over and over in different fonts and fonts sizes, sometimes as the header, some times as the text. She is also wearing a choker.

There are 15 songs on the album.

My guess is that this album will focus on the bad press Taylor got in 2016. It will be a way of fighting back against Kanye West and Kim Kardashian. They used her popularity last year to make her look unnecessarily bad last year so Kanye could write a misogynist song. It will also say she does not care about that stuff and she is okay being herself raw and unpolished. I can not wait for the album!
photo posted by Taylor Swift

In honor of Taylor Swift's new Reputation Album, here are some literary quotes on reputation and some of my thoughts. I wonder if Taylor used any of these as inspiration for her new album. My guess is she is going to have a plethora of new quotes that will be amazing!

William Shakespeare, Othello
"Reputation, reputation, reputation! O, I have lost my reputation! I have lost the immortal part of myself, and what remains is bestial."

"Reputation is an idle and most false imposition; oft got without merit, and lost without deserving."

"Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
Is the immediate jewel of their souls:
Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
But he that filches from me my good name,
Robs me of that which not enriches him,
And makes me poor indeed."

These quotes are exactly what Kim and Kanye did to Taylor. They took her good trusting name and turned it against her. All for a stupid song and publicity?

William Shakespeare, Richard II
"The purest treasure mortal times afford
Is spotless reputation; that away,
Men are but gilded loam or painted clay."

Margaret Mitchell
"Until you've lost your reputation, you never realize what a burden it was or what freedom really is.

With enough courage, you can do without a reputation."

I think she has realized in the last year how free she really is.

Charles Caleb Colton, Lacon
"There are two modes of establishing our reputation; to be praised by honest men, and to be abused by rogues."

Yep We know who the rogues are.

Abraham Lincoln, Lincoln's Own Stories
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

There is so much you can not see in the shadow. But the tree is the real thing and we do not always see that.

Fisher Ames, Works of Fisher Ames
Time never fails to bring every exalted reputation to a strict scrutiny.

This is certainly true for Taylor, she has been under intense scrutiny since becoming famous.

Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights
By this curious turn of disposition I have gained the reputation of deliberate heartlessness; how undeserved, I alone can appreciate.

I hope she realizes how undeserved it was when they drug her through the mud.

Check back often to see more details I will post more as I know more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...