Thursday, December 27, 2012

"Fearless" Song Meaning

Today's Taylor Swift song is the meaning of "Fearless" from her "Fearless" album.

This song is a perfect song for the beginning of a relationship, "Well you stood there with me in the doorway/My hands shake/I'm not usually this way but/You pull me in and I'm a little more brave/It's the first kiss/It's flawless/Really something/It's fearless."  You always want to remember those first moments, "You put your eyes on me/In this moment now capture it, remember it/Cause I don't know how it gets better than this."  This person makes you want to "dance in a storm in my best dress."

Click here for lyrics to the song, "Fearless".

Who is this song about?


The lyric hint in the song is, "I LOVED YOU BEFORE I MET YOU."

Okay that was a trick question, it isn't about anyone, it's a song that Taylor wrote about what it would be like to be that in love.  Taylor says, "This is a song about the fearlessness of falling in love. No matter how many break up songs you write, no matter how many times you get hurt, you will always fall in love again. When I wrote “Fearless,” I wasn’t dating anyone. I wasn’t even in the beginning stages of dating anybody. I really was all by myself out on tour and I got this idea for a song about the best first date. I think sometimes when you’re writing love songs, you don’t write them about what you’re going through at the moment, you write about what you wish you had. So, this song is about the best first date I haven't had yet."

The lyric hint "I LOVED YOU BEFORE I MET YOU" refers to the future love of her life.  Taylor has met a lot of guys and always picks herself up again.  I had to go through a lot of duds before I found my prince charming.  Kudos to her for picking herself up again and being fearless about falling in love.  Some day you will find your prince charming Taylor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...