Tuesday, March 4, 2014

"Crazier" Song Meaning

Today's Taylor Swift song is the song, "Crazier" from the Hannah Montana movie soundtrack.  When this movie came out I loved all of the songs in the movie including, "The Climb."  I even went to Miley's concert because of it.  Alas I was sorely disappointed with her concert, I couldn't hear her very well, her voice was horrible and she had already started to rebel from her Disney ways.  Taylor had come into town around the same time and I wish I'd chosen to go to her concert instead.

This song is a prominent song in the movie.  Taylor tells GAC, "I wrote this in song in hopes that possibly it would be in the movie, but I never thought it would be such a big prominent song.  It's absolutely one of the most exciting things. This song is playing when the main characters of the movie, Miley and Billy Ray are both falling in love with that song as a background.  It's really cool to have that kind of a part in the movie."

But Taylor didn't just write it for the movie, she wrote it a lot earlier.  Who was this song about originally?


Okay that was a trick question, it isn't about anyone per se, but Taylor's idea of love.  Taylor tells GAC in the Behind the Scene's Hannah Montana Movie (Taylor Swift), "I wrote the song crazier when I was thirteen so this song is really a reflection of what I thought love was supposed to be, and you know sometimes you write a love song about what you hope will find you and what you hope you'll find someday, not about what you're actually going through."

I couldn't believe it.  She wrote this song when she was thirteen?  And just pulled it out of her pocket and hadn't released it yet?  I wonder how many songs Taylor has hiding out.  I would love to hear them all, as I am sure many of you would love to too.  The song is very in touch with being in love,

"There's so much more/I've never seen it before/I was trying to fly/But I couldn't find wings/But you came along and you changed everything"

"You showed me something that I couldn't see/You opened my eyes/And you made me believe"

"Baby you showed me what living is for"

"Feels like I'm fallin' and I am lost in your eyes/You make me crazier, crazier, crazier"

I love this song even though I don't love Hannah Montana anymore. It just makes me want to dance around being, "Crazier".  I really hope you find that person that makes you "crazier" Taylor.

Click here for lyrics to the song, "Crazier".

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...