Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Enchanted" Song Meaning

Today's Taylor Swift Song, the meaning of "Enchanted" from her "Speak Now"album! 




I love the instrumentation in this song and the words of the song. It reminds me of the beginning of a relationship, the first time you meet someone that you know you're going to love and just hoping hoping hoping that you are the only that they like too.

Why did Taylor write this song?

The lyric booklet hint is ADAM.  She randomly capitalizes letters in songs to give hints at what the song is about. She wrote this song about the first time she met Adam Young of Owl City in New York city. Taylor said,

"That song is about pining away for if you're ever going to see someone again-walking away too early. It was about this guy that I met in New York City, and I had talked to him on email or something before, but I had never met him. And meeting him, it was this overwhelming feeling of: I really hope that you're not in love with somebody. And the whole entire way home, I remember the glittery New York City buildings passing by, and then just sitting there thinking, am I ever going to talk to this person again? And that pining away for a romance that may never even happen, but all you have is this hope that it could, and the fear that it never will.

I started writing that in the hotel room when I got back. Because it just was this positive, wistful feeling of: I hope you understand just how much I loved meeting you. I hope that you know that meeting you was not something that I took lightly, or just in passing. And I think my favorite part of that song is the part where, in the bridge, it goes to sort of a stream of consciousness of 'Please don't be in love with someone else/Please don't have somebody waiting on you.' Because at that moment, that's exactly what my thoughts were. And it feels good to write exactly what your thoughts were in a certain moment."


She purposely used the word wonderstruck in the song because she knew it was a word that he liked, "I'm wonderstruckblushing all the way home". She said, "That's a word which that person used one time in an email. And I don't think I've ever heard anybody use that term before, so I purposely wrote it in the song, so he would know."

Click here for the lyrics to the song, "Enchanted".

He did respond with is own version (audio below) of Enchanted saying:

"They say 'timing is everything,' and that brings us to now. Today is Valentine's Day. And thus, here is my reply:

Dearest Taylor,
I'll be the first to admit I'm a rather shy boy, and since music is the most eloquent form of communication I can muster, I decided to record something for you - as sort of a 'reply' to the breathtaking song on your current record. This is what I wanted so badly to tell you in person but could never quite put into words:

Everything about you is beautiful. You're an immensely charming girl with a wonderful heart and more grace and elegance than I know how to describe. You are a true princess from a dreamy fairy tale; a modern Cinderella. I'm terribly sorry it's taken me such a long time to reply, but I figured Valentine's Day was the perfect time to write this note to you and simply say ... I was enchanted to meet you too."

Love,
Adam"

Did anything ever happen with Adam?


Sadly :(, nothing happened because of this and Adam has since taken down this entry from his website.


Oh well.Taylor Swift did make a perfume inspired by the song, Wonderstruck. Taylor says, "A fragrance can help shape someone’s first impression and memory of you. It’s exciting to think that Wonderstruck will play a role in creating some of those memories."

The Wonderstruck perfume is "A perfectly charmed deep purple bottle holds this enchanting fragrance. The iridescent rainbow finish, never before used in the fragrance industry, gives the bottle a magical glow. The antiqued gold charms that adorn the bottle were hand-picked by Taylor and are reminiscent of her unique style. The Moravian star, dove and birdcage charms are signature decorative elements that evoke Taylor’s whimsical flair. The charms appear once again within the intricate detail of the embossed cap, capturing Taylor’s love of hidden messages. The carton is a modern day patchwork, homage to the many fabrics Taylor has collected on her travels. The finishing touch to the package is a gold embossed 13, which fans will recognize as Taylor’s lucky number." (A description of the bottle)

1 comment:

  1. Wow ..😘😘😘😘😳😳😳😳

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...