Thursday, October 4, 2012

"Forever & Always" Song Meaning

Today's Taylor Swift song is the meaning of "Forever and Always" from her "Fearless" album.

Taylor Swift performing "Forever & Always" at the 2009 CMA awards.
Photo credit: Photo by Rick Diamond/Getty Images
Taylor told Rolling Stone magazine, "the two songs that were completely last minute were, on the first record, 'Should Have Said No,' and on the second album, 'Forever and Always.' Both of them had to do with something really, really dramatic and crazy happening to me and me needing to address it in the form of music."

Why did Taylor add "Fearless" last minute to her album and who was it about?

Taylor Swift and Joe Jonas
It is Joe Jonas.  He "broke up with me over the phone in 25 seconds when I was 18. ... I looked at the call log — it was like 27 seconds. That's got to be a record." (Taylor Swift told Ellen DeGeneres).

Taylor told People magazine, "I'd never had that happen to me before that way, with that abruptness. I thought to myself, "This needs to be said." It's a song about watching somebody completely fade away in a relationship and wondering what you did wrong and wondering why things have changed."

It just so happens that Joe met someone while filming his music video "Lovebug", Camilla Belle.

The secret message in the liner notes is "IF YOU PLAY THESE GAME WERE BOTH GOING TO LOSE."  Camilla and Joe broke up eventually and Taylor has moved on.

Taylor told MTV news she felt "like I owed it to my fans to be like, 'Look, it happened, you weren't crazy,' and address it, And I addressed it, and, you know, that's a chapter in my life that's closed now."

1 comment:

  1. That was a VERY dramatic performance! I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...