Wednesday, August 30, 2023

“Vampire” Song Meaning

Today’s song is a song meaning about Taylor Swift unfortunately. I say unfortunately because I really do not want to write this post. I have been a fan of Taylor for YEARS. I have stuck with her through Kayne and everything else, but this needs to be said. 

Taylor is a person and as a person she is not perfect. Much like I am not perfect. There have been times with Katie Perry and Karlie Kloss that she probably should have talked to them. I get it why she did not. I can be shy too, but it needs to be done. I am glad she made amends with Katie, but if Karlie wants forgiveness, she should hear her out. 

Today’s song is “Vampire” from Olivia Rodrigo. “Vampire” is a song about someone sucking the blood out of you and leaving you dry. That is what happened with Olivia and Taylor. And I hope this is not why, but it may be. Olivia is the “lucky one” or the “new” one on the scene while Taylor is “nothing new”. Taylor is afraid of Olivia’s popularity and trying to squash it. She knows Olivia has tremendous potential. Others have been around that are popular, Lady Gaga, Billie Elish, Adele etc but they are different than Taylor. Olivia is very similar and she is very good. She won Grammy’s on her first album, she went on a solo tour from her first album. Taylor knows what she sees. How did that happen? Taylor asked for song writing credits on incredible songs that were not copies at all and had Paramore do the same. Taylor and her friend Ed have had this happen to them. Why did Taylor do this to Olivia? Is there more to the story? Why couldn’t she give Olivia the benefit of the doubt? If there is more to the story I would love to know, but for now it makes me really sad.

When Olivia released “Vampire”, Speak Now came out the next week. I think that was accidental. Olivia’s sophomore album “Guts” is coming out September 8th. Taylor has been teasing a “Cruel Summer” release this summer but had done nothing. I really hope she is not waiting until “Guts” comes out to do anything. And I hope she does not release anything else. There is room for two pop stars. Let Olivia shine. 

I like to play a scenario out in my head that Taylor never asked for the song writing credits, and Taylor did the Era’s tour. She then asked Olivia to open for her and they had an amazing time. Taylor hands a torch to Olivia, while keeping her own. And they both make great music for years to come. Instead Taylor invited Sabrina Carpenter on the Eras Tour, someone without a hit and known to be Olivia’s rival. I really hope Taylor can amends with Olivia and we can see both of their torches burn bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...