Tuesday, November 20, 2012

"Untouchable" Song Meaning

Today's Taylor Swift song is the meaning of "Untouchable" from her Platinum edition of "Fearless".

Taylor performing "Untouchable" at Stripped performance.
Who is this song about?

Well it's not really about anyone, it is a cover from Luna Halo and Taylor did an amazing job with it.  There is a little story behind it though best told by Scott Borchetta at the CMA Festival 2012.

Click here to hear the original song by Luna Halo.

"We were doing somethng to set up the Fearless record, a Clear Channel online (event). The hardcore Taylor fans know what I'm talking about. There was this beautiful acoustic setting, and she was doing a few new songs, but she had to do a cover song... So a couple weeks out, I'm like 'Taylor, I need to know what cover song you're going to do because we need to clear the publishing.' 'All right.' 'You got a title for me?' 'No.' A week before: 'Hey pal!' 'Hi!' 'This Clear Channel thing's coming up next week.' 'I know, it's gonna be great.' 'You know you have to do a cover song, right?' 'Yeah!' 'Any hints?' 'I'm working on it, I'll get back to you.' Click. So the day of... she's getting her hair done and playing around with the guitar, and I'm like 'All right ,what song are you gonna do?' She doesn't say anything, she just flips her computer open. And she knows that I love this rock band, Luna Halo, that I helped to get signed out of Nashville. They're friends of mine. And she starts playing 'Untouchable'—[and] if you've heard the original, it's this crunching rock song, and she turned it into this extraordinarily beautiful, touching piece of music. That's what she gives to me, those kind of moments. She knew that I loved that band and she took that song and said 'I'm doing this one for you.' "

She surprised Scott and played a song for him from a band he loved.  Luna Halo didn't mind either. Nathan Barlowe of Luna Halo told Dave Paulson November 24, 2009 "She could have chosen any cover in the world, but that’s what she chose. And we had heard from other people that she was a fan of Luna Halo, so I think it was a combination of those things. We lucked out, really. She covered the song and it sounded amazing, so from there, there were so many YouTube hits on it, and so many people watching it and doing imitations of it, that’s when the label decided that they should put it on the record."

I like this song a lot, it has a great melody and message.  It is basically about a person that is untouchable, that can't be reached, but the person singing wants to be with them so bad.

Click here for lyrics to the song, "Untouchable".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...